Dallas Area Woodturners (DAW) is a non-profit organization that was organized in 1996 and has grown to over 200 members today. The club focuses on helping our membership learn and grow through education, demonstrations and sharing techniques, tooling and best practices with one other. The DAW is active in community service through woodturning. Check out the DAW YouTube Channel for videos of DAW woodturning demonstrations.
Congratulations to the newly elected officers for 2023:
- Kevin Bassett – President
- Chris Cohen – Vice President
- Mike Sahl – Treasurer
- Glen Boudreaux – Secretary
DAW Membership Information and Benefits
- Prospective members – Click here to JOIN THE CLUB
- Current members – Click here to RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP (Check your membership expiration date by logging in and going to https://dallaswoodturners.com/membership-account/)
- Monthly club meetings are held at WoodWorld of Texas typically on the 3rd Thursday of the month from 6:30 pm to 9pm. Come earlier to socialize! Visitors are welcome. Meetings typically include a live woodturning demonstration and a ‘show and tell’ session. You can also join the meeting through Zoom. Check the Events calendar.
- Open Shop is held at WoodWorld usually on the Saturday following the club meeting. During Open Shop, we set-up multiple lathes to help members improve their turning skills. No tools or wood needed. The club can provide everything needed. Check the Events calendar.
- Classes: We frequently invite nationally known turners and our own advanced members to teach classes. A small-group environment is an ideal way to learn. Check the Events calendar for ticket cost and availability.
- Forums: Members can ask questions and share their knowledge by posting on the Forum.
- Library Privileges: We have one of the most extensive libraries in the southwest with more than 1500 books, magazines, and videos from more than 200 authors on a wide variety of topics.
- Discounts: Members with an active paid membership card can receive discounts at selected local stores when buying in-person. In addition, members can purchase AnchorSeal through the club at a significant discount.
- Latest Newsletter: We publish a monthly newsletter that summarizes our activities. Please subscribe. Visit our archives to see older newsletters.