This forum’s rules are in line with the DAW organization. It is dedicated to the art and craft of woodturning and seeks to promote an environment of freely sharing our experiences and knowledge with one another in a setting that welcomes all people, skill levels and ages to participate. As such, please when posting/commenting, keep it free of offensive language, profanity, name calling/argumentative behavior, inferred innuendo or otherwise graphic posts. There will be no political oriented commentary allowed.

To post topics, reply and view images, you must be a registered member (free or paid).

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Member Creations

53 Posts
9 Users
44 Likes
Admin
Topic starter
(@jldawadm)

Whether you are a beginner or a long time turner, this is a forum for DAW members to show their woodturning creations. Respectful comments are allowed. Remember the audience may include people of all ages and skill levels. Image uploads are limited to 2mb in size and 1 image per post. No for sale ads. Share and enjoy.

52 Replies
(@glenboudreaux)

@jldawadm how do you post to the forums.  I have tried to find where but it is not obvious.  You would probably get more posts in the forums if you make it easy to see where to make new posts.

Admin
(@jldawadm)

@glenboudreaux Glen,

I agree that the forum can be a bit daunting, but unfortunately we are using a standard package that comes with our web software and we have little control over format and flow.

The standard hierarchy for internet discussion forums including this one is Forum->Topic->Reply. The Forums already exist, so there are 2 ways to post.

For an existing Topic (like Member Creations or a contest thread), go to the topic and reply to the original post it like you did here.  You can also reply to any post already in the Topic like I am doing here to your question. At the bottom of the reply form, you have the option to add an image by attaching a file. It must be less than 2 mb.

You can also add a new topic and post in it. When you first navigate to the Forum there is a button at the top that says "Add Topic". It will have a pull down menu asking you to pick a Forum. There are currently 3:Form Info and Administration, Member Creations and Tools, Tips, Tricks and Workshops. So you could select Workshops, create a topic called "Glen's Place". It has a place for the title and allows you create the first post in it. People can then post replies.

I'll write these instructions up and send them out in the newsletter and post as a topic in Forum.

Admin
Topic starter
(@jldawadm)

Nice. Always tough to avoid splitting and tearout on the corners.

(@l-o-guvna)

not sure if this is the right spot, if not, please move or tell me.  such great stuff here - but sharing some of my first efforts.  I have some gear shift knobs that I am playing around with - shape, design, etc.  In the meantime, my daughter asked me to make legs for her cabinet - that we are making - to hold her albums.  Simple open rectangle that will serve as a shelf on top.  These are my legs I made from a piece of scrap wood from my pile.  1 wasn't so bad, but copying it 3 times was hard.  And I am not good at parting yet.  And the lesson I learned in this process was - tighten down your tool rest.  I wasn't watching, pushing against a not so tight tool rest, and the edge went into that spinning big chunk - glad I had my face protection.  wowsa.  oh - and my beginner tools.  my parting tool is not great.  

1664384969-IMG_31691.jpg
(@l-o-guvna)

i can only share 1 file at a time.  so, i'll just share these 2.

1664385039-IMG_31701.jpg
(@l-o-guvna)

i can only share 1 file at a time.  so, i'll just share these 2.

1664385083-IMG_31701.jpg
Page 3 / 3