- This event has passed.
SWAT 2021 – Session 4, Saturday 8/28 8:00 am
August 28 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 amFree
Each year the Southwest Association of Woodturners (SWAT) provides an opportunity for woodturners to get together in one place to fellowship with other turners, share ideas and techniques, expand their education, watch demonstrations and purchase top-rate tools and products from the many vendors. Information on registration, events and demonstrations can be found here.
The Dallas Area Woodturners club is participating and will be supporting the demonstrators in the Ranger Room during the event. This means we are need of volunteers to help at each session plus pack up. Ken Rodgers who does the club A/V will be doing the A/V for the Ranger Room. He will be at all sessions. The volunteers are there to help Ken. They will be a gopher for the demonstrator, handout items, help Ken setup and cleanup. No special skills required, but if you’d like to training on the A/V equipment please contact email@example.com.
A stipend of $50.00 per session per person will be paid. If someone does two sessions they get $100.00. Same for setup Thursday afternoon and teardown on Sunday afternoon. Below is a list of the demonstrator and time of each session. You may volunteer for multiple sessions. 1 volunteer is needed for each session.
Please use the RSVP form below to volunteer.
Please arrive 15 minutes before the start times listed.
- Friday 8/27 10:30 am Sally Ault Baby Rattles
- Friday 8/27 1:30 pm Scott Grove Alternative Inlay and Embellishment
- Friday 8/27 4:00 pm Linda Ferber Mark Making with Power
- Saturday 8/28 8:00 am Scott Grove Filigree Inlay
- Saturday 8/28 10:30 am Alan Lacer Skew Basics
- Saturday 8/28 1:30 pm Scott Grove Alternative Inlay and Embellishment
- Saturday 8/28 4:00 pm Alan Lacer Skew Basics
- Sunday 8/29 8:00 am Scott Grove Filigree Inlay
- Sunday 8/29 10:30 am Sally Ault Baby Rattles